Book Review: Wild Things

Wild Things (Chicagoland Vampires #9)
Published By: NAL Trade
Publication Date: February 4, 2014
Page Count: 350
Buy it at Amazon or Barnes & Noble
Source: Purchased by Reviewer
Audience: Adult - Urban Fantasy

Spending time with Merit and Ethan is one of my favorite past times. I have been wanting to read this one since it came out in February, but other novels kept needing attention. Luckily, I was finally able to squeeze this one in. It was well worth the wait, but now I am super anxious to get my hands on the next one. August needs to come sooner rather than later.

Chicago is still in turmoil after the events of Biting Bad and Ethan is on the mayor's hit list. To keep him safe, Merit takes him to the Breckenridge estate outside of the city. This move once again puts them in the path of pack politics. When an attack happens during an important pack festival, Merit and Ethan decide they need to investigate further to find out who is at fault. It soon becomes clear that supernaturals are disappearing. Merit must find out who is behind the kidnappings. If she fails, all hell will break loose.

I love all the novels that have a connection to Gabriel and the pack. I'm especially interested in Gabriel's prophecy. I can't wait to see how that will play out.

I also was happy to see the GP issues take a back seat in this one. There is mentions of the problems, but it isn't the driving force behind the plot. I prefer the stories that focus on Cadogan and the relationships. There is a lot of Ethan and Merit in this one which made my heart happy. Their relationship is evolving and I love every moment of it. I love the loyalty between these two.


One Last Gripe: I missed Jonah. There wasn't nearly enough of him in this novel.

My Favorite Thing About This Book: The Ethan and Merit moments

First Sentence: Within the last ten months, I'd become a vampire, joined Chicago's Cadogan, and become its Sentinel.

Favorite Character: Ethan

Least Favorite Character: the mayor



Since Merit was turned into a vampire, and the protector of Chicago’s Cadogan House, it’s been a wild ride. She and Master vampire Ethan Sullivan have helped make Cadogan’s vampires the strongest in North America, and forged ties with paranormal folk of all breeds and creeds, living or dead…or both. 

But now those alliances are about to be tested. A strange and twisted magic has ripped through the North American Central Pack, and Merit’s closest friends are caught in the crosshairs. Gabriel Keene, the Pack Apex, looks to Merit and Ethan for help. But who—or what—could possibly be powerful enough to out-magic a shifter? 

 Merit is about to go toe to toe, and cold steel to cold heart, to find out.

Comments

  1. Haven't read the series, but everyone loves it!!

    LOVE how it's got a fast plot and characters you connect with after so many books!

    LOVELY review :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!