Book BFF was created by Larks Andrea, Paula, and Jen to showcase some of our favorite ladies & was originally inspired by Book Boyfriend. We'd love it if you'd join us featuring your favorite Book BFFs and leaving links so we can check out your posts. We will be alternating between Book Boyfriends and Book BFFs on Thursdays.
Lainey Mitchell from The Art of Lainey by Paula Stokes
My ideal Lainey is young Emma Stone. Check out Emma's IMDB page to see if she fits your vision too.
* Strawberry Blonde
* She has fair, freckly skin
* She has an athletic build which makes her self conscious from time to time
* She frequently wears her hair in a ponytail
* She has bright green eyes
Facts About Lainey:
* Lainey's best friend is Bianca aka Bee
* She is an amazing soccer player
* Her father owns a local coffee shop, Denali, and her mother is an anthropology professor
* She swears she has a freckle that is shaped like New Jersey
* Lainey works part time at Denali
* She has an older brother Steve who is studying abroad in Ireland
* She drives a Honda Civic
* Lainey is a tomboy, but she also loves glamming it up - she is particularly fond of manicures and spray tanning
* She was in a commercial for Hazelton Forest University
* She scored the winning goal at the state soccer championships
* She uses the wisdom of Sun Tzu to try to win back the heart of her ex-boyfriend
* She has a zebra print comforter on her bed
* Her mother reads tea leaves and Lainey pretends not to care or believe in the readings, but secretly she thinks its gospel
* She always wears a golden soccer-ball pendant Jason gave her for her 16th birthday
* Lainey is obsessed with the actor, Caleb Waters
* Her favorite tv show is Undead Academy
* She often runs with Bee
* Lainey lives in Missouri near St. Louis
"I've known you for what, ten years? I've never seen you chicken out," Bee says. "If anyone can make this work, it's you." ~ Bee to Lainey, Kindle Location 511
"I hope you're not one of those skinny girls who drinks diet," he says. "I got you a Coke."
"No way. Diet soda tastes like poison."
~ Micah and Lainey, Kindle Location 1416-1421
"You do care," Micah insists. "You care more than anyone I know, even when you shouldn't." ~ Kindle Location 2702
If you asked me whether I was the type of person who liked trying new things or preferred sticking with what was familiar, I would have told you I was the second girl. The if-it-ain't-broke-don't-fix-it girl. I also would have told you plays were lame. It suddenly occurs to me that I don't seem to know very much about ...me. It's a weird feeling, like maybe a stranger is inhabiting my body. Or maybe a stranger was, and I kicked her out. ~ Kindle Location 1919
Ever since I was old enough to know that my mother named after the good witch in the Wizard of Oz, I've been trying to forget. Aside from the occasional substitute teacher, no one calls me "Glinda." No one. ~ Kindle Location 2183
"You're using an ancient war manual to try and win back you boyfriend. I think you're a girl whi will do whatever it takes to get what she wants," he says. "Hey, at least you're committed." ~ Kindle Location 2590
"Forget The Art of War," Bee says. "Use 'The Art of Lainey.'"
I peek up at her. "I'm pretty sure that book will not be getting published anytime soon." ~ Kindle Location 3873
Why She's My Book BFF:
Lainey took some time to warm up to, but I soon grew to love her wit and tenacity. She is the sort of girl you would certainly want on your side in a soccer match, when you have a broken heart, or when you needed a laugh. Lainey's sense of humor kept me giggling. She is vivacious and capricious which means she always keeps you on your toes. I also like that even though Lainey can be extremely stubborn, she does eventually learn to see the other side of things. I liked watching her step outside of her comfort zone. I also wouldn't mind getting her advice on fashion, getting in shape, and how to make a killer chai latte.