In Other Words - 1/16/11


Introducing a brand new meme for Reading Lark - In Other Words! Each Sunday we will bring you a collection of literary quotes selected by our awesome blog team centered around a different theme or topic. Our favorite authors have a way with words, and we can't wait to share them with you. Enjoy - and feel free to share YOUR favorite quote about this week's theme in our comments section!

This week's theme: Friendship

Julie:
"But if the while I think on thee, dear friend, / All losses are restored and sorrows end."
— Shakespeare (Sonnet 30)
Andrea:
"Only a true best friend can protect you from your immortal enemies."
— Richelle Mead (Vampire Academy)

Tevya:
"Love and friendship. They are what make us who we are, and what can change us, if we let them."
— Emily Giffin (Something Blue)

Next week's In Other Words topic - Destiny/Fate

PS I'll give you three guesses on what I've been teaching for the last two weeks...it has 14 lines, starts with an S, and rhymes with bonnets. ;)



Comments

  1. Great job on your first meme post Julie! I love it and I already know where next week's quote is coming from. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, Julie! I have to admit though that my quote is the best. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that mine is a Shakespeare quote - I feel so literary and smart. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL - I intentionally stayed away from Shakespeare. I wanted something that fit my personality a bit more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for dropping by my blog and commenting! Your Branching Out Challenge definitely sounds like you'll be getting outside your comfort zone. Good luck! And if any of the bloggers participating in your challenge would like to join mine as well, that would be awesome :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!