Armchair BEA: Reading Lark Style


So, I am super bummed that I couldn't be in NYC @ BEA this week with so many other fabulous bloggers, authors, and publishers. BUT... I am excited to be a part of the Armchair BEA event, which should be super cool. 

For those of you who aren't familiar with Reading Lark - I'm Andrea, one of the co-owners of this lovely blog. My partner in crime, Tevya, had to work late and isn't here with me to write this post. We also have several amazingly awesome reviewers working for us - be sure to check out the Who Are We page to get to know them a little better.


 We were asked to give the lowdown on who we are so I am going to give you a brief snapshot the co-owners of the blog. So here goes....

Andrea is a 29 year old obsessive reader who is addicted to her Kindle, Starbucks, and her fur babies. She spends her days pretending to be an 8th grade Humanities teacher (that's English and Social Studies for those of you not down with the lingo), but she is really secretly longing for the day when she can get paid to blog, read, and write her novel. She currently lives in the gorgeous Seattle area, but has only been here for 10 months. She was born and raised in the deep south splitting her time between Georgia and North Carolina.  She longs for the days when she can return to sweet tea, Chick-fil-a, and her beloved DAWGS that wouldn't be caught dead in purple and gold. (Yeah, that's right Huskies - we had that spelling first.) Her favorite genres to read are Young Adult, Southern Literature, Paranormal, Historical Fiction, and Mystery.

Tevya is also a 29 year old obsessive reader - not really - well the age part - she is ridiculously devoted to reading. She loves her Nook like its her third child. She also really digs her family and her 2 adorable (yet 1 really smelly) wiener dogs. Tevya spends her days in a 5th grade classroom teaching kids spelling and math, although her true passion is teaching reading, and dreams of the moment the final yellow bus pulls from the lot so she can yank out her Nook and get back to her latest read. She truly needs books to live - seriously - she breaks out in hives if reading material is not within an arm's length. She lives in Louisiana amongst the pirates, swamps, and crazy LSU fans. Her favorite genres to read are Young Adult, Paranormal, Romance, and Historical Fiction.

You can find both Andrea and Tevya lurking on Reading Lark, Twitter, and Facebook. Also, you might catch glimpses of them frolicking through bookshelves at Barnes and Noble from time to time, stalking vampires, snacking on cupcakes, flying out for their yearly summer vacation together, or working on their latest amazing playlist. 

Thanks for stopping by!

Comments

  1. awesome awesome! soo now the hard question---which one is better, the nook or the kindle? haha coming through via BEA. I love your blog and am now a follower! I'll be looking forward to your upcoming posts :D

    TheBookBluff

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you go on a yearly summer vacation together! Amazing. Thanks for the introduction :)

    Here are my favorites in 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love your blog and the meme's you do. Happy ABEA and Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by! I will be off to return the favor soon. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!