Book Boyfriend: Cole Holland



We decided that Thursday needed a little pizazz and stumbled on this meme while hanging out at one of our favorite blogs, A Book and a Cupcake. So we took ourselves over to The Unread Reader to see what it was all about and join the fun. The Unread Reader features this meme on Wednesdays, but we figured moving our participation to Thursday wouldn't hurt anything. We'd love it if you'd leave a comment if you participate in this so we can check out your book boyfriends as well.

Alice in Zombieland (The White Rabbit Chronicles, #1) 
My Book Boyfriend is. . . 
Cole Holland


from Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter
For this post I've chosen actor Matthew Lewis as the face of Cole. Give him a dark rinse on his hair and some colored contacts, and he'd make a great Cole! 


Facts about Cole: 
* He's tall and built. He's a big guy for 17.
* He runs with a pack of bad boys. With good reason.
* He is good with setting booby traps.
* He is very protective of his friends.


Appearance:  
*tall- 6'3"
* hair that is deep black and wavy
* eyes that are an unusual shade- violet
* assorted scars that mark him as a fighter
* tattooed: a few designs, but mostly names of fallen friends
* usually wearing a t-shirt and jeans, and sometimes a baseball cap

 Cole quotes: 
"That's Cole Holland, and girl, you so don't want to date him. Trust me." ~ page 59

"I'll follow your orders. . . just as long as you realize that every time you issue one, I'm beating you up in my mind." "Realized," he said, thrums of amusement suddenly evident. "But please refrain from mind-punching my pretty face. I like it just how it is." ~ page 130

"I don't want to be your friend, Ali. I want to be more." His fingers snuck under my T-shirt, so that we were skin-to-skin. "Leave your window unlocked tonight. I'm coming over to prove it." ~ page 340

Why Cole is my Book Boyfriend: Who doesn't love tall, dark and handsome? Throw in protective, loyal and a great kisser, and you have an excellent candidate for Book Boyfriend. I love that Cole is willing to allow people to think ill of him because it gives him an excuse for the unusual behavior sometimes demanded by his commitment to keeping people safe. I love that he is sensitive to and respectful of Ali's lack of experience with boys. I love that he is wonderful to her grandparents, and sympathetic about her parents. And I absolutely love that, despite all this evidence that she should be sheltered and protected, he believes in her ability to stand on her own to feet and make a contribution alongside him. A good book boyfriend makes a girl make her feel even more like herself than she did without him- this is what I imagine Ali feels with Cole.



Comments

  1. I loved Cole too! I can't wait for book two to see where their relationship goes. He's so hot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm now waiting for book three!!!! Book two was amazing rhght?!?

      Delete
  2. I love Cole even more know that I see him how you see him! <3

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish Cole was mine!! He is my dream guy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!