Teaser Tuesday: Unbreakable, Dare You To, & Mind Games


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.


Brushing my fingers through his hair, I whisper, "I love you, Jared," and then, because I know it's an X-Files quote he'll understand, I add, "Even when the world was falling apart, you were my constant. My touchstone."

A muffled, "And you were mine" comes out from under the covers. From the sound of his voice, I can tell he's smiling.

He'll be mad when he fully wakes up and finds out that I'm gone, but if this is the last conversation we're ever going to have, it's a good one. One that's true - and worth remembering.

~ Unbreakable (Unraveling #2) by Elizabeth Norris, pg. 80-81 (ARC)




Ever since I was eight years old, the responsibility of my mother has been on me. I've taken care of her. Moved her. Fed her. Made sure she went to work or helped her find jobs. But right now, what I want more than anything is for my mom to take care of me. I'm done being the grown-up. For a few minutes I want to be the kid. I want my mom. I just want my mom.

~ Dare You To (Pushing the Limits #2) by Katie McGarry, pg. 531 (ARC)




The mark is carefully applying tape and gauze to keep me from bleeding too much. The mark has gentle hands that are stained with blood now, though not in the same way mine will always be. The mark is a person, and he has beautiful eyes and he helps puppies and he trusts girls he really, really shouldn't.

~ Mind Games by Kiersten White, pg. 32



Comments

  1. Ah man I have been dying to read Unbreakable and Dare You To is such a heartbreaking teaser!

    http://jesusfreakreader.blogspot.com/2013/04/teaser-tuesdays-1.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unbreakable is really good. I loved it! My review went up today if you're interested.

      Delete
  2. I loved Dare You Too - that's a great quote, and another good one from Mind Games. that was a crazy, twisty book :-)

    I haven't read Unbreakable yet but it sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unbreakable is a must read. Have you read Unraveling?

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It was really good! Karen, above, gave it the perfect descriptor: twisty. Kiersten White is a rock star.

      Delete
  4. Nice teases!! I liked Mind Games, haven't read the other two, but the first one definitely catches my notice!

    Here's my Teaser

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unbreakable will be out soon. I'd love to hear your thoughts once you have had a chance to read it.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for stopping by everyone! I think I'll be adding a couple more books to my TBR pile! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to read the Unraveling series. I think you'd really like it and I know you'd love Ben.

      Delete
  6. Unbreakable is just WOW! That is an amazing teaser! Mind Games was intriguing too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was so hard to pick a teaser from that book that wouldn't spoil anything AND there were so many awesome moments to choose from.

      Delete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!