Book Review: Maverick Touch: The Cat

Maverick Touch: The Cat
Published by: Art of Safkhet
Release Date: March 25, 2013
Genre: Fiction, Mystery
Source: Given by Author
Buy it on Amazon or Barnes & Noble

My Thoughts:
If you you love a good crime mystery then you should definitely check out Maverick Touch: The Cat by Ashley Nemer. I found certain parts of the book could have been an episode of Dexter, which by the way, is my favorite television series. I found myself drawn to the characters. I really enjoyed Nadia's quick wit and daring nature. I love how it starts with something so simple as buying a kitten and turns into such a dangerous adventure for her. If I had anything negative to say it would be simply that the story seemed to move a bit too fast. I like to really get to know the characters and I felt like the book was too short for me to do this. I understand that this is a start to a series, and I intend to keep reading and maybe then I will get to know the characters a little more. I can’t wait to see what mischief Nadia finds in Houston. I give this book 4 out of 5 stars simply because it was too short for the amount of characters that were introduced, but overall it is a fun, enjoyable read.

Review by: Dawn, Guest Reviewer
Summary from Goodreads:

 Reporter Nadia Maverick takes an adventure through the underbelly of her town where she discovers that even the criminal life she had been reporting on isn't quite like it seemed. 

Things turn bad for Nadia when in the middle of an investigation the tables are turned and she becomes the one under the watchful eye of Mr. A. Everyone becomes a suspect when Nadia turns up missing.

Who will be there to set her free?

Read and see.

Comments