Teaser Tuesday: Pawn, The Vanishing of Katharina Linden, Overpowered, Fire and Ice, & World After


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.


Risking my life to steal an orange was a stupid thing to do, but today of all days, I didn't care about the consequences. If I were lucky, the Shields would throw me to the ground and put a bullet in my brain.

Dead at seventeen. It would be a relief.

~ Pawn (The Blackcoat Rebellion #1) by Aimee Carter, Kindle Location 13 (ARC)




The stray bits of information we had gathered had singularly failed to coalesce into anything solid; instead it was like trying to do a jigsaw, not realizing that you actually had two or three different jigsaws at the same time with all the pieces muddled up together. Here, there was a section with a sleek black cat curled up in someone’s armchair; here, there was one depicting a ruined castle by moonlight, and a boy running white-faced down the hill from it. Here was a single piece with a child’s shoe on it. None of them seemed to fit together to make a recognizable scene.

~ The Vanishing of Katharina Linden by Helen Grant, Chapter 22 (Audiobook disc 5)




Just when I started to think that maybe the mysterious driver was some loser creep that everyone loathed, the door swung open and out stepped this gorgeous boy. Even from where I stood I could see that he was tall and athletic. Not to mention insanely sexy in his tight, faded jeans, cowboy boots, and black hoodie. he had this retro rebel aura about him- a wildness and defiant swagger, almost- like he'd leaped out of an old-fashioned movie Western. he was the kind of dangerous boy mothers usually warned their daughters to steer clear of. Luckily for me, my mom skipped over that lesson.

~ Overpowered by Mark H. Kruger, pg. 39




The sound of hooves receded in the distance behind us. My heart continued to race as a new terror came over me. I was alone with this rider, far from the rest of his clan with their plans of sacrifice. But I had no idea what he planned on doing with me. Fresh panic swelled inside me, threatening to cut off my oxygen. The mystery rider slid down from the mount, and threw back his crimson hood. I stared into the familiar silver eyes of my nightmares. The strength drained from my limbs and I almost fell to the ground.

~ Fire & Ice by Michele Barrow-Belisle, pg. 254-255




They all looked like middle managers to me but my dad was into all that. Technocrats, he called them. I'm pretty sure I saw Zuckerberg digging the latrine ditch beside Raffe at the camp a few days ago. I guess a billion dollars doesn't buy much respect in the World After.

~ World After (Penryn & The End of Days #2) by Susan Ee, Kindle Location 814 (ARC)


Comments

Post a Comment

We love your comments!