Book Boyfriend: Caleb Harrison


We decided that Thursday needed a little pizazz and stumbled on this meme while hanging out at one of our favorite blogs, A Book and a Cupcake. So we took ourselves over to The Unread Reader to see what it was all about and join the fun. We'd love it if you'd leave a comment if you participate in this so we can check out your book boyfriends as well.


My Book Boyfriend:  Caleb Harrison from Heartbeat by Elizabeth Scott


About Caleb:

Caleb Harrison is trouble. He has a history of drug use and a growing criminal record in the field of grand theft auto. Caleb is pushing everyone away from him while making sure that he’s noticed – for all the wrong reasons.



Personality:


Under the bad boy bravado, Caleb is hurting badly. He blames himself for an event which changed his family forever; even worse, his parents blame him as well. Unable to handle his guilt and his parents’ rejection, he lashes out at them through his rebellious behaviour, getting ever more drastic in an attempt to gain their attention.


Appearance:


Caleb has perfect, wavy blond hair. He has an “awesome face, great eyes, amazing hair. A trifecta.” (Kindle Loc 468)


Why He’s My Book Boyfriend:


Caleb is so sad, and so alone, that my heart broke for him over and over. I just wanted to scoop him up and make it all better. He understands Emma’s grief, and her hate. Caleb doesn’t say much, but what he does say cuts straight through to the heart of Emma’s situation. Plus I’m a complete sucker for a sob story. And as Emma says, “I see that he is beautiful. Not just outside, but inside, under the mistakes and anger and grief, is a heart that beats pure and true.” (Kindle Loc 1353)


Quotes:


“If everything matters, then nothing can because it’s all the same. And if it’s all the same, then nothing is ever special. And shouldn’t there be – aren’t there – special things? People?” (Kindle Loc 1090)


~


“I’ve said I was sorry but that isn’t enough for them. It’ll never be enough.”
“Don’t run. I’ve done that, and you just end up back where you started. And I – I don’t want you to go yet.” (Kindle Loc 1817)



Comments

  1. I love Elizabeth Scott's work but have yet to read this one. Caleb sounds perfect for a book boyfriend! Makes me want to pick up a copy of this book so I can fall for this character like you have. And I love those quotes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the first of hers that I've read but I'll be looking out for others for sure.

      I've always been a sucker for damaged types, I just can't help myself!

      Delete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!