Cover Crazy: Very Bad Things


The purpose of Cover Crazy is to feature a cover each week for us to admire its beauty. I really like this idea since there are so many great covers out there! Cover Crazy is a feature that was started by The Book Worms.


The red in this cover was what originally caught my eye. It's so bright and vivid. Once I realized it was petals in a grave, it gave me the chills. I am intrigued to have something that represents life or blood mingling with death. I also was intrigued by the shovel in the bottom corner. Does this perhaps symbolize that this death is out of the norm? It makes me think that someone dug the grave other than a cemetery employee. I also like that the font is pretty and enticing. This entire cover seems to be a study in contradictions. What are your thoughts on this cover?


Comments

  1. I haven't read this book, but I have to agree with you! This is a very eye-catching cover! I love how the pretty petals contrast with the grave setting. It's also very odd that the cover looks oddly bright and cheerful, even with the title and the setting.
    Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree - I thought the whole thing was a study of contrasts. I love it!

      Delete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!