Cover Crazy: At the Water's Edge

 
The purpose of Cover Crazy is to feature a cover each week for us to admire its beauty. I really like this idea since there are so many great covers out there! Cover Crazy is a feature that was started by The Book Worms.


This cover may initially seem quite basic, a woman's face and the ocean, but you notice some important nuances when you give it a second glance. Namely you notice the white, serpentine, almost shadowy design running along the bottom of the cover, continuing along the outside edges, onto her face. The monster (of the Loch Ness variety) near the top of the title looks confusing and frightening. Lastly, the woman on the cover looks like she's in the middle of taking, or exhaling, a breath -- which completely intrigues me. I love a cover that I see new things each time I look at it!


What are your thoughts on this cover?


Comments