Teaser Tuesday: Heat of the Moment, Trust In Me, What Comes Next and How to Like It, Every Move, & The Cost of All Things


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature, hosted by MizB of A Daily Rhythm.


"It was the only pen I had." It's a lie. I love pink. But something is making me feel like I have to defend my color choice to him, which is ridiculous. I hardly know him. This is why high school is completely messed up and misogynistic.

~ Heat of the Moment by Lauren Barnholdt, Kindle Location 144 (ARC)




"I haven't been honest with you and I'm sorry." Her lip started to tremble and the urge to gather her in my arms was hard to resist. "I'm so sorry, and you probably don't have time for--" 

 "I have time for you, Avery. You want to talk to me, I'm here. I've been here. And I'm listening."

~ Trust In Me (Wait for You #1.5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout, pg. 280




I have time to kill while waiting for the sun to dry, and I'm mulling over the story I spent years writing and failed to turn into anything, trying not to be depressed. Nothing is wasted when you are a writer. The stuff that doesn't work has to be written to make way for the stuff that might; often you need to take the long way round. And if you're writing memoir you're bound to discover things about yourself you didn't realize before, may indeed prefer never to have known, but there you are: progress of some sort.

~ What Comes Next and How to Like It by Abigail Thomas, Kindle Location 60-64




I close my eyes tight enough to make them water, force the image away. I will not. I'm exhausted from last night's drama, and the drive. I've got a bellyful of ibuprofen, and I have my processes. Tonight, I will not think, will not dream.

~ Every Move (Every #3) by Ellie Marney, Kindle Location 228-230




I smiled at her, because the conversation had gotten off track, and she might turn into a dragon any second. I enjoyed good banter as much as the next guy, but I got the sense she maybe wasn't flirting and instead actually didn't like me, which was weird. I was pretty great. Everybody knew that. "You can be kind of a bitch, you know." "Hang on, I've got to go write that one in my tear-stained diary."

~ The Cost of All Things by Maggie Lehrman, Kindle Location 270 (ARC)


Comments

  1. OOoh great teasers all around! The first one sounds familiar to me. Not the book as so much as the moment! A girl lending the annoying guy--assuming that that's what he is ;) --a pink pen!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep - it is a guy. I'm not sure if he's annoying yet because I just started reading this one. He likes banter though which makes him intriguing.

      Delete
  2. I really dug, Trust In Me and The Cost Of All Things.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!