Waiting on Wednesday: These Shallow Graves


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event that is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine where she spotlights upcoming releases.

This week I am waiting on. . . 

These Shallow Graves
By: Jennifer Donnelly
Publisher: Delacorte
Release Date: October 27, 2015


Set in gilded age New York, These Shallow Graves follows the story of Josephine Montfort, an American aristocrat. Jo lives a life of old-money ease. Not much is expected of her other than to look good and marry well. But when her father dies due to an accidental gunshot, the gilding on Jo’s world starts to tarnish. With the help of a handsome and brash reporter, and a young medical student who moonlights in the city morgue, Jo uncovers the truth behind her father’s death and learns that if you’re going to bury the past, you’d better bury it deep.


Comments

  1. These Shallow graves is pretty popular this week so will defintely check this one out.

    MY WAITING ON WEDNESDAY

    ReplyDelete
  2. These Shallow Graves is definitely popular this week! I'm so excited to read this book and I love that creepy cover! It adds to the whole ambiance of the book! Great pick this week :) My WoW:

    Crystal @ Books Unbound

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to get my grabby hands on a copy of this! Great pick!
    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm seeing this one a lot today! The cover is super gorgeous, and the story sounds fascinating! :) Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is totally new to me but sounds really good! Thanks for sharing!

    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by Reading Lark! I agree - the cover of this one is pretty amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh that sounds mysterious! LOVE the cover for it too!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like such a great, creepy read. Thanks for sharing.

    After being in the hospital with a 103 flu, I'm behind on this meme so hope you don't mind I'm commenting nearly a week late.

    Here's mine

    Also, be sure to check out my $30 giveaway on Amazon here

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!