Cover Crazy: The Weight of Feathers


The purpose of Cover Crazy is to feature a cover each week for us to admire its beauty. I really like this idea since there are so many great covers out there! Cover Crazy is a feature that was started by The Book Worms.


As a Lark, I am drawn to covers with bird elements. The black feathers floating down the cover caught my eye first, but then I allowed myself to focus on everything else. I love that the black feathers are tinged in red as if they have been dipped in blood. The volume of red on the cover makes me think that this novel could be about violence or passion. Since I'm currently reading this one, I know that a feud between two families plays a dominant role in the plot and there is a little Romeo and Juliet type romance happening as well. The texture of the branches is beautiful. This cover conveys magic, intrigue, and romance.

What are your thoughts on this cover?


Comments