Book Boyfriend: Jack Snjosson


We decided that Thursday needed a little pizazz and stumbled on this meme while hanging out at one of our favorite blogs, A Book and a Cupcake. So we took ourselves over to The Unread Reader to see what it was all about and join the fun. The Unread Reader features this meme on Wednesdays, but we figured moving our participation to Thursday wouldn't hurt anything. We'd love it if you'd leave a comment if you participate in this so we can check out your book boyfriends as well. 

Jack Snjosson from the Stork Trilogy by Wendy Delsol

My ideal Jack Snjosson is Nick Cornish. Check out his IMDb page to see if you agree.

Appearance:

* Lean and lanky
* Tall
* Blue Eyes
Espresso Brown Hair 

Facts about Jack:

* Drives an old truck that Katla refers to as "a junker"
* His family owns a farm and orchards
* Doesn't really feel the cold - Jack wears tshirts in the snow
* High School Quarterback
* Editor of the school newspaper
* Strong sense of loyalty to family, Katla, and Norse Falls
* He is descended from the Winter People
* Often wears a seed cap and flannel shirts
* "The Angry Apple Boy"
* Jack and Katla have a connection from childhood
* He has a habit of zapping people with a zing of coldness
* Loves the outdoors
* Dressed up like Santa for a charity lunchtime food drive

Quotes:

"Jack isn't the type to get... I mean, he's never really acted like any girl... it's more like he's either oblivious or above all the immaturity of high school." ~ Stork, pg. 68

"His holiday attire consisted of a white button-down and Levi's, only a slight upgrade from his usual - faded T-shirts and Lee jeans. Despite temperatures tumbling daily, I'd yet to see him in a jacket. A Nordic sweater clinging to his ropy shoulders? I just couldn't picture it." ~ Frost, pg. 10

"I scooted in for a kiss, something we'd been practicing together. It struck me that, like the proverbial snowflake, no two kisses were ever the same. This one was all the more special, given the holiday setting. And it had a delicious contrast between the cold air and the heat we were generating." ~ Frost, pg. 18

"I spied Jack on a bench along one of the walkways. He stood, and I rushed to him, barely able to see my feet for the tears clouding my vision. I stumbled into his arms.

For those first few moments, I couldn't speak, and he didn't have to. The crush of his hug said more than any words could. I couldn't breathe. Didn't need to breath. For now, this was everything I required." ~ Frost, pg. 353


Why he's my Book Boyfriend:

Jack is one of those YA boys I wish had existed in my high school reality. He's smart, athletic, and down to Earth. He has a such a strong sense of family and tradition. It's hard not to get caught up in his crusades to save Norse Falls. He even tries to tackle climate change in one of the books. He has an amazing heart and is always working to make the world a better place. Furthermore, I love his moments with Katla. He is such a sweet, romantic boyfriend. It's so obvious that he would do anything for those he loves. It also doesn't hurt that he's easy on the eyes.


Comments